Thursday, January 10, 2013

It's a good day!

The past week and a half has been a rough one for me emotionally. I’ve been angry, bitter, and sad (and sick). We all go through those periods of reflection where we have to figure out what is best for us. After lots of reflection, I have realized that I am holding onto things I need to let go. Things that weren’t meant to be. Things I thought I wanted, but really I don’t. Yesterday something small and minute happened and it upset me, put me in a bad mood. But then as I was browsing status updates on FB something caught my eye. A friend of mine simply posted “Good Morning Friends. Today is a good day.” I stopped on this immediately. It caught my eye and I realized that even though I wasn’t feeling well, and I was now in a little upset, the day is what I make of it. If I choose for it to be a good day, it will be. If I dwell on the unpleasant, then that makes for a long, tiring, unpleasant day. It’s funny how the simplest things can change your whole outlook. Today I have things going on that I don’t want to do, people I don’t want to see, situations I don’t want to be in. But, even so, I choose to be happy. Today is a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment